Sleep problems are very common during early years age of children. Certain sleep problems are more common in some stages of development and can be the result of new events and changes in daily routine.
Unless sleep problems persist or are interrupted by the child's daytime activities, parental comfort and warmth may be all that the baby needs. Discover the why of the insomnia of children and babies.
The insomnia of children and babiesis a disorder characterized by:
- Difficulty falling asleep alone
- Frequent nighttime awakenings and the inability to go back to sleep without parental help
- Very superficial dreams
- Get fewer hours of sleep than necessary for their age
- Bad sleep habits. 70 percent of babies start to sleep more than 4 hours followed from the third month of life and 83 percent sleep 8 hours on reaching 5 or 6 months. Only 10 percent of one-year-old children still don't sleep through the night. In those cases, children must be re-educated and encouraged to sleep.
- Alteration of the baby's routine. It can be caused by a change of house, the birth of a baby brother or a trip. In very active babies, any new situation such as learning to walk or crawl will cause excitement and they will not be able to fall asleep. Babies are sensitive and perceptive and Lack of sleep it is the first sign that something else is happening.
A child who wakes up frequently during the night and also relies on the presence of his mother to make him sleep again, is already getting used to a bad habit of falling asleep. And considering that this situation is repeated night after night, week after week, month after month, year after year, it cannot be ignored that it can destabilize the marital harmony and therefore familiar.
When that happens, parents resort to the most logical techniques. Allowing the child to sleep only in the company of the parents means that, as the child grows older, it makes new demands. From that moment on, a sense of frustration, guilt, irritation, and even rejection of the child for having established his sleep routine in an inappropriate way. As for children, with this attitude they show more irritable, anxious, insecure and highly dependent on the person who cares for them.
You can read more articles similar to Insomnia of children and babies, in the category of children's sleep on site.