At Christmas we love to eat and try different recipes. If we also make appetizers for Christmas, which are after all recipes in small quantities, it will help your children to discover new flavors and textures.
From our site, we suggest you stimulate this facet by making original canapes for Christmas. On this occasion, we provide you with a simple crispy cheese sticks recipe. A delicious snack that will perfectly accompany any meal or starter.
- A package of shortcrust dough.
- Creamy cheese.
* You can substitute the walnuts for another dried fruit or eliminate it from the recipe
1. Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180º. We roll out the shortcrust dough and spread half with cheese. We have used a natural cream cheese, but you can substitute it for a cream cheese of the flavor that you like best.
2. We crush a handful of walnuts and pour them on top of the cheese. (This step is optional, you can delete the nuts or change them for another dried fruit).
3. Fold the dough in half, covering well the part where we have spread the cheese. And we make diagonal cuts to form strips of approximately 1 or 2 cm wide.
4. Holding the end of each strip, we begin to roll them on themselves carefully, and place them in a tray on baking paper. We paint each stick with egg and bake between 30 - 40 minutes.
5. Once they have been tempered, we can distribute them in several tall glass glasses before placing them on the table.
You can read more articles similar to Crispy cheese sticks. Appetizer recipes for Christmas, in the category of Recipes on site.