Many children complain of stomach pain. For no apparent reason. And above all, in the morning. And the causes can be very numerous: from a slight inflammation of the stomach walls (gastritis), to a slight 'empacho'. Perhaps some food makes you feel bad (like milk protein) or a passing virus has attacked you.
The most logical thing is to take our son to the pediatrician for tests and try discover the origin of this pain. But in the meantime, we can try to alleviate this discomfort. There are foods that favor the stomach. We tell you which ones.
Obviously, common sense makes you reject foods that can harm the stomach, such as those that include a lot of fats or spices such as pepper. But ... what foods relieve stomach pain?
1. Papaya: It is a fruit capable of reducing stomach inflammation. It is also recommended in the case of stomach ulcers. You can prepare a papaya juice, blending the fruit. With half a papaya, a glass of water and a teaspoon of honey, they will have a delicious juice against stomach pain. You can add if you want some flax seeds, a powerful anti-inflammatory.
2. Chicken soup: Most children like soup. A soup can be nutritious, light and very beneficial in case of gastritis. Make a thin noodle soup and use boiled chicken for protein as well. The soup is very easily digested and is good against nausea.
3. Pear and banana: Two excellent fruits against stomach pain, and that your child is sure to like. Bananas, as long as they are not too ripe (they are rather green), also have enzymes that are beneficial against inflammation of the gastric mucosa. The pear, for its part, is a fruit recommended for people with a 'delicate stomach'. You can make a smoothie with a banana and a pear, adding a glass of water.
4. White rice: White rice is good against gas and stomach acids. Therefore, it is recommended in the case of gastric problems. Do not give it with tomato, but with a little olive oil.
5. Honey: One of the great myths that exist around honey is that it is a 'strong' food for the stomach. It is not only false. Honey brings you an innumerable list of benefits. Among them, it strengthens the immune system, eliminates toxins and reduces inflammation. Also the stomach! Give it diluted in a little warm water in the morning.
6. Infusion of chamomile: It is par excellence the plant that has the most benefits for the stomach. Protective and restorative of the gastric membrane. It is recommended in case of 'empacho' or indigestion, nausea and vomiting.
7. Coconut water: Coconut water has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. In addition, it is very hydrating, more than any isotonic drink that we give to children when they vomit. Coconut purifies, cleanses the stomach and provides energy.
You can read more articles similar to 7 foods for stomach ache in children, in the Infant Nutrition On-Site category.